- Organic Cosmochemistry, interpretation of extraterrestrial molecular features.
- Mixture Complexity, natural organization emerging at super-atomic scale.
- High Resolution Mass spectrometry, analytical method of choice for topics above.
- Orbitrap data analysis, development of exploration and statistical tool: ATTRIBUTOR.
Academic records & Education
- 2013- now: Permanent lecturer at Université Grenoble Alpes, doing research in Institut de Planétologie et d’Astrophysique de Grenoble and teaching in IUT Mesure Physique.
Orbitrap mass spectrometry, Ad-hoc data treatment, Meteorites, Comets, Organics.
- 2011-2013: Post-doctoral fellow at Washington University in St. Louis (Missouri, USA), in the Laboratory for Space Sciences, doing separation of organic and mineral phases of Murchison, under supervison of Ernst Zinner.
NanoSIMS, Isotopes, Chemistry lab, Presolar grains.
- 2007-2011: PhD thesis at Université Grenoble Alpes, in Institut de Planétologie et d’Astrophysique de Grenoble, under supervision of Eric Quirico: “Post accretion processes molecular fingerprints in carbonaceous chondrites organic matter.”
Mid-Infrared spectroscopy, Synchrotron Sulfur K-edge XANES, Chondrites Insoluble Organic Matter sepraration, Orbitrap mass spectrometry.
- 2004-2007: Earth Science Magistère at Ecole Normale Supérieure de Lyon, in Earth Sciences Department.
Mineral physics, Thermodynamics, Analytical methods, Geology, Geochemistry, Planetology.
- 2002-2004: Classe préparatoire aux grandes écoles BCPST (french initiation rites) at Lycée du Parc in Lyon.
Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Geology.
Partnerships and funding
- From 2017, january 1st: Partner of the ANR-funded project “RAHIIA_SSOM” with Grégoire Danger as principal investigator.
- 2016, june 25th to july 15th: Visiting scientist at Hokkaido University, in the Cosmochemical laboratory, collaborating with Shogo Tachibana and coworker, funded by Evolution of molecules in space.
- 2014-now: Co-Investigator of COSIMA, onboard the European Space Agency mission ROSETTA, funded by CNES with Martin Hilchenbach as principal investigator.
- 2014- now: Contributor to the scientific committee in the consortium for Cosmorbitrap development, funded by CNES with Christelle Briois as principal investigator.
- 2014: Research grant from the Labex OSUG@2020: “Emergence de la complexité moléculaire des objets du système solaire”.
- 2014: Collaborator to NASA-funded project “Isotopic and Structural Studies of Stardust from Supernovae” with Frank Gyngard as principal investigator.
- 2012: Collaborator to NASA-funded project “Correlated studies of isotopes, chronologies and microstructures of stardust SiC grains” with Frank Gyngard as principal investigator.
Lectures and mentoring
Lectures of the IUT Mesure Physique national academic curriculum:
- 2016- now: Atomic and Molecular Structure problem-based learning course, 1st year, under Elodie Bidal responsability.
- 2014- now: Head of Chemical Analysis and Separation Processes course, 2nd year.
Responsible of 2 Gas Chromatography machines for practicals.
8 hours course, 12 hours tutorials, 8 hours practicals.
- 2014- now: Scientific writing tutorials, 1st year, under Céline Dalla-Costa responsability.
3 hours tutorials, 4 to 10 hours practicals.
- 2013- now: Analytical Chemistry practicals, 1st year, under Elodie Bidal responsability.
~32 hours practicals.
- 2014, 2016: Spectroscopy practicals, 2nd year, under Dominique Eloy responsability.
- 2013- now: Supervisor, assessing 10 weeks internships.
6 students per years.
Students mentoring and other lectures:
- 2011- now: Advisor or co-advisor for degree-related internships.
- 5 students for the DUT Mesure Physique in Grenoble. 10 weeks each.
- 2 students from Earth Science L3 in ENS de Lyon. 8 weeks each.
- 5 students from several Earth Science L3 and L2. 6 weeks each.
- 2011- now: Attributor tutorials and demonstrations for graduate students and above.
1, 2 or 3 weeks of course, turorials and practicals.
- Laurette Piani, lecturer at Hokkaido University.
- Laura Selliez, PhD student at LPC2E in Orleans, under Christelle Briois and Nathalie Carrasco supervision.
- Aurélien Fresneau, PhD student at PIIM in Marseille, under Grégoire Danger supervision.
- Yuki Isono, Master student at Hokkaido University, under Shogo Tachibana supervision.
- Guillaume Salque-Moreton, PhD at LGGE in Grenoble, under Didier Voisin supervision.
- 2012, 2013: Introduction of organic geochemistry for graduate students in Washington University, under supervision of Frederic Moynier.
6 hours course.
- 2009-2010: Earth Science L3 tutorials.
16 hours tutorials.
- 2013- now: Elected researcher representative in the IPAG board.
- 2014-2016: Substitute member of the PhD students Survey Group.
- 2007: Elected student representative in the ENS de Lyon board of directors.
- Ever eager to take picture.